You would think going to another country where the dominant language is English wouldn't be so difficult, right? Wrong. For the three short days that I've been here, I have found it challenging to come up with the correct word or phrase. I was told it would be around 24 degrees today and I looked like an idiot trying to come up with the correct temperature in Farenheit. Among their many words, these are what I have found difficult to say during a normal conversation:
biscuit= cookie
chips= french fries
Uni (pronounced "you-nee")= university/campus
shopping centre= mall
shops= stores
no worries= it's okay/not a problem
brilliant= awesome
bloke= guy
biscuit= cookie
chips= french fries
Uni (pronounced "you-nee")= university/campus
shopping centre= mall
shops= stores
no worries= it's okay/not a problem
brilliant= awesome
bloke= guy
heaps= a lot/tons
Will post more vocab as time progesses but for now, I wanted to share some pictures of the beautiful flora and fauna that is so abundant in Lismore! Keep in mind that Lismore is based around an inactive volcano, just sitting on of it's outer ring.
Will post more vocab as time progesses but for now, I wanted to share some pictures of the beautiful flora and fauna that is so abundant in Lismore! Keep in mind that Lismore is based around an inactive volcano, just sitting on of it's outer ring.
So if you want a buttermilk biscuit for breakfast, what do you call it? Or if you're playing poker what do you call the chips? Met any cute blokes? No worries, just wondering. Love those plumarias - reminds me of Hawaii. Keep the pictures coming. Maybe you could get a close-up one of those massive bats? Take care and gooday mate!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Auntie Patti