Monday, March 9, 2009

Conversations with an Australian, Pt. 2

Australian- "So, are you from America then?"
Me- "Yes, I'm from Kansas. It's in the middle of the States."
Australian- "Oh, isn't that where Dorothy's from?"
Me- "Yeah," (sighs loudly)

1 comment:

  1. I like the new clock addition to the page. Too true it seems when travelling abroad you will always be judge first by your countries politics. But that also occurs to some extent here in the US - Dem vs. Rep. Some folks are so hard core to their party line they don't want to hear any other opinion. Others will agree to disagree. I guess it's just the way of the world. Sounds like you handled it with a very mature and cool head. You didn't know you would also be an American Ambassador while you were in Australia did you? Sounds like you are doing a fine job. Just think someone over there just might change a negative opinion of Americans to positive because of you. Such a young age to already be making your mark on the world!

    Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete