Saturday, April 4, 2009

Feels Like Home to Me

After approximately 9 weeks of living in Australia it's feeling a lot like home. The scenery, the people, the general way of life has swallowed me whole and I'm more than okay with that. I can be worry-free and not have a care in the world and the Aussies would most likely high-five me on that accomplishment alone. In fact, back at home I was always in a big worry-debate about something. Have to finish that paper, work til 11, time to study for that test, have to make a trip back home, get in some quality time with friends, orchestra rehearsal tonight, pencil in a time to call my best friend in Florida. Not this time! Aussies take it one day at time, they go with the flow and never look back. And this cultural norm has me hooked. Why can't we play a little more and freak out less? Life in the U.S. had me speeding around in my Escort (oohh how I MISS that car and driving with the music cranked up!) trying to get from one place to the other. Heck, even if I had my arm chopped off I think I would barely even notice with all the things on my plate. I know once I'm home again it's back to my speedy reality but for now, I will relish in this country and in this moment to slow down and enjoy life. My life.

This week I am off to Sydney and Melbourne for the Easter holiday with two of my good friends! Can't wait to get out and see a big city and definitely lots of action for us to get into. Have a very
Happy Easter everyone!
(my American friend Brittany and I, St. Patty's Day)
Here's to you, Australia! Thanks for showing me another good side to life.

2 comments:

  1. I miss you every day! I cant wait to see you and hear all your stories. Man I wish I was there with you too. You know I have also noticed that the US is so hectic, when I went to the Caribbean I was like...wow slow down and enjoy life. Im so glad you have that right now to find yourself and just enjoy being you. Lucky...lol It looks like your having fun. Make sure to post a lot of pictures from Sydney for me! I wanna see!!! Wow I miss you a lot. I cant believe your half a world from me...crazy! Oh yes and my Twilight obsession has gotten bad lol. Im in love with a fictional character. lol i love you J, Cant wait for your next post!!!
    <3 Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would hope that you would notice having your arm chopped off...
    -trace

    ReplyDelete