So I've been in Kansas for 2 1/2 weeks now. And I miss Australia so much. My family and best friend surprised me at the airport with a huge poster "From Australia to Kansas" Everyone from my flight was jealous, of course! It was great to see my family and friends, but I miss Aussie life. I am ready for the Aussie reunion!!
Okay, and I didn't realize just how self-centered Americans are. Seriously. I had one guy ask me if Australians actually have grocery stores. (Just for your information, YES, Aussies have grocery stores). Direct quote from this man: "Don't they just have farmer's markets over there?"
There is so much more to learn and see. So much that I have seen that makes me almost feel anti-American. Kind of ironic especially since I just celebrated 4th of July. Honestly though, Americans live in a egocentric bubble. We only care about what WE think, WE feel, countries that WE are interested in. Makes me feel like the U.S. is suddenly so small when I thought I was on top of the world being an American citizen.
Being in Australia makes me want to explore other parts of the world and really put myself out there after I graduate from K-State. There is so much more to life than going to school, getting married, and settling down (that seems to be the trend with most of my highschool class). And of course I want those things- but it is time to explore the world!
Australia- I miss you so much!
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment